Who is the data controller in respect of your personal information?
As described below, Handleit may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right.
What information do Handleit collect?
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website. This
information could include your name, date of birth, address, contact details and other relevantand related information
2. When you place order(s) for goods or services (whether on our Website or otherwise), Handleit collect personal information to process and fulfil your order(s), including your payment card details and delivery address. If you become a registered user of our Website, you can save your payment card details and delivery addresses for future use.
3. Details about the transactions you carry out with us, including through our Website.
4. Information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website.
5. Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
6. Handleit will also collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
How do Handleit use your personal information?
Handleit use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, Handleit may use your personal information in the following ways:
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; for example, Handleit will use your payment card details and delivery address to process and fulfil your order(s);
2. in the event that you do not complete your registration or order, Handleit may use any contact information you have provided us to follow-up on your partial registration or order;
3. to manage and administer any other arrangements between you and us.
4. to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, Handleit will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
5. At or following any purchase or order you make, Handleit may carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity; for example, Handleit may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details;
6. to carry out market research; for example, Handleit use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products;
7. to help us review, develop and improve the products and services Handleit offer; for example, calls to our offices may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes; and In accordance with your preferences, Handleit may also use your personal information to contact you, by post, telephone, SMS, email and other electronic means (including social media), with information about products, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. Handleit may use your personal information in order to ascertain the products, services, promotions and offers that are likely to be of particular interest to you. The section below entitled "What Choices do I have?"; explains how you can change whether to receive this information.
With whom do Handleit share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, Handleit may share your personal information with third parties as described below.
Handleit may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
1. Handleit use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information. For example, Handleit may engage third party service providers to fulfill orders, carry out surveys and installations, deliver packages, send postal mail and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive information), analyse data, provide marketing assistance, process card payments, provide customer service and handle claims. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
2. Handleit may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information Handleit give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. Handleit may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
3. Handleit may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us. In the event that Handleit sell or buy any business or assets, Handleit may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Handleit or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where will your personal information be processed?
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information as the DPA. In these circumstances, Handleit will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of the DPA.
Cookies are small text files that Handleit transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our Website so Handleit can better understand what portions of the Website best serve you. It may not possible to place orders and purchase goods and services using the Website unless you have cookies turned on and Handleit suggest that you leave them turned on. Our cookies enable us to provide features such as the ability to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
To find out more about the types of cookies Handleit use on the Website, how Handleit use them and how you can change your cookies settings, please read our cookies policy.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that Handleit may occasionally request proof of identity before Handleit are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the
internet and not specific to our Website. Handleit cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computing
device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your user session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet café.
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Acts 1988 - 2003 gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently not exceeding €6.35) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information Handleit hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us